In 2017 we launched the first edition of the Construction Startup Competition, and six years later, we’re proud to continue and keep improving this unique tradition. Since the competition’s start, we have received almost 3000 solutions from ConTech startups from around the globe, becoming more competitive and international each year. As such, the Construction Startup Competition has gained notoriety and recognition as the leading and most promising challenge for startups in the industry.
This year, we invited startups to help CEMEX Ventures with “Building a Boundless New World,” and they delivered. Together with our competition partners from Black & Veatch, Dysruptek by Haskell, Ferrovial, GS Futures, Hilti, VINCI Group’s Leonard, NOVA by Saint-Gobain, Procore, and Zacua Ventures, we have selected 8 winning ideas from trailblazing startups.
The wait is now over, and it is our pleasure to announce and spotlight the winners of this year’s competition.
Construction Startup Competition 2022 winners
- 2050 Materials (United Kingdom) – Platform to find, compare, and specify sustainable building products to save time and money at any project stage.
- Automatic Construction (United States) – Cast in place concrete buildings at 1/5th the cost using pre-fab inflatable concrete formwork.
- Carbon Limit (United States) – Carbon negative cement technology that reduces the carbon footprint of concrete & turns it into a CO2 sponge.
- Cathago (Germany) – Purchase2Pay platform connecting the procurement department, construction site, and external suppliers – from requisition over invoice verification to payment.
- Constru (Israel) – AI-powered construction solution that turns captured imagery into insights for better data-driven decision making.
- Exodigo (United States) – Cutting-edge sensors and AI technology that identifies utilities and other underground entities accurately without the need to dig.
- Loris (United States) – Portable, battery-powered light towers to instantly deliver safety, security, WiFi, and transparency to job sites.
- Soil Connect (United States) – Dirt & Aggregates Marketplace that connects those who have soil and aggregates with those who need it.
See you in NOLA!
Next up…we’re headed to Groundbreak, powered by Procore in New Orleans, USA on November 9th! Each of the winning startups will pitch their solutions to a panel of members from CEMEX Ventures and the other nine competition partners to compete within their vertical for the chance to become a gold medalist.
Medalist or not, our winners receive numerous benefits apart from the competition. They are awarded the unique opportunity to develop entrepreneur to entrepreneur relations with key industry leading corporations, exhibitors, and startups, and take advantage of the extensive exposure from the full-access three-day industry leading conference.
Are you attending the conference? Come say hello. We want to meet you. But if you can’t, we will also be live streaming the Pitch Day event on the Construction Startup Competition landing page on our website for our global audiences.
What’s in it for YOU?
We were only able to select eight winners from the hundreds of applications we received this year, but you still have a reason to celebrate! As an applicant to the Construction Startup Competition, you can count on:
- NETWORKING – You are now a participant in the biggest ecosystem in the construction industry where you can connect with thought-leaders, multinational companies, and legends within the industry.
- CAPITAL – You were seen by top industry executives who are actively looking for new ways to innovate in the sector, getting yourself one step closer to receiving strategic investment to finance your solution with smart money and help your business grow exponentially.
- PILOT OPPORTUNITIES – Because of the global coverage of the ten competition corporate partners, you can pilot and test your solution in real markets anywhere in the world.
- COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE – You have an advantage in front of new competitors in next year’s challenge should you apply again (some of this year’s winners participated in previous editions 👀)
Remember, this is only the beginning. We invite you to compete NEXT spring 2023 when we launch the seventh edition of the competition with a top-tier lineup of industry leaders and new challenges guaranteed. You won’t want to miss out on CEMEX Ventures’ enhanced offering and new services!
Stay on top of the latest updates and deals in the industry by following our ConTech Tacos biweekly newsletter, and let’s keep fostering the construction revolution together!