Welcome to the CEMEX VENTURES ESPAÑA, S.L.U. (CEMEX VENTURES) privacy notice.
CEMEX VENTURES respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how your personal data is collected, used, processed and protected when you use this Website, and will inform you about your legal rights with respect to the protection of your personal data and how the law protects such data.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO IS CEMEX VENTURES.
PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to provide you with information as to how CEMEX VENTURES collects and processes your personal data through the use of this Website.
This website is not intended for children or incapacitated persons and no data relating to any such persons are knowingly collected.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair data processing notice you may receive from CEMEX VENTURES in the future.
CEMEX VENTURES ESPAÑA, S.L.U. is the data controller or party responsible for processing of your personal data and is also responsible for this Website.
CEMEX VENTURES ESPAÑA, S.L.U. is a member company of CEMEX GROUP, one of the leading producers of building products and provider of innovative services in that field, led by the Mexican corporation CEMEX S.A.B. DE C.V., with principal place of business at Avenida Constitución, 444 Pte., Colonia Centro, Post Code 64000, Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico.
CEMEX VENTURES ESPAÑA, S.L.U. is responsible for informing on any issue relating to this privacy notice. If you have any question or query in relation to this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the same at the following address:
Name of the legal person: CEMEX VENTURES ESPAÑA S.L.U.
Registered office: Calle Hernández de Tejada, 1, 28027 Madrid, Spain
Street address: Calle Hernández de Tejada, 1, 28027 Madrid
Email for questions as to personal data or the exercise of rights: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (AEPD), which is the Spanish supervisory authority for data protection matters.
Spanish Data Protection Agency
C/ Jorge Juan, 6. 28001 – Madrid
901 100 099 – 912 663 517
CEMEX VENTURES is however at your disposal to deal with any query, complaint or request you may have with respect to your personal data and as to the use of such data.
DUTY TO INFORM OF CHANGES TO YOUR DATA
It is important that the personal data CEMEX VENTURES holds about you is accurate and current and we would therefore ask you to kindly notify us if there are any changes at the above-mentioned contact address, in order that CEMEX VENTURES may keep such data duly updated.
Please note that the personal data we request is necessary for us to be able to maintain the business relationship and comply with the relevant legal requirements, and that the data must be accurate and current, and it is therefore compulsory for you to provide such data, for those purposes. If you do not provide the data, or the data is not accurate or current, it might not be possible to fulfil the purposes described.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
This Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and other applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. CEMEX VENTURES has no control over those third-party websites and is not responsible for their privacy statements or how they process data. Therefore, you should read their privacy notices carefully before visiting those sites.
- THE DATA COLLECTED
The following are the data categories that CEMEX collects about you and the how they are used or processed.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about a living individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
CEMEX VENTURES may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data, such as the data specified below:
- Identity data, including personal particulars, social, academic and professional circumstances
- Contact data and economic, trade, financial, insurance and credit information
- Transaction data in relation to goods and services and transport
- Technical data in relation to devices and their use
CEMEX VENTURES does not collect any special or sensitive category of personal data about you (details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about health and genetic and biometric data, criminal convictions and offences).
IF YOU DO NOT ALLOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO BE COLLECTED
Where personal data needs to be collected by law, or under the terms of a contract we have entered into or are discussing with you and that information is not provided when requested, it might not be possible to perform or carry on discussing or preparing the contract. In that case, CEMEX VENTURES may have to cancel that contract, but would in that case previously notify you in writing.
- HOW IS PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
CEMEX VENTURES uses different methods to collect data:
- Direct interactions. You provide data by filling in Website forms or communicating with CEMEX VENTURES by post, telephone, email or providing the information you are asked for. This includes the personal data you provide when you
- register at the Website
- apply for products or services;
- create an account on a CEMEX VENTURES website
- request that information and marketing offers be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- submit any feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Website, technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns of behaviour may be automatically collected. CEMEX VENTURES collects this personal data by means of cookies, [server logs] and other similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. CEMEX VENTURES may also receive personal data about you from third parties and public sources.
- HOW IS PERSONAL DATA USED
CEMEX VENTURES will only use your personal data when allowed to do so by law, specifically, in the following circumstances:
- Where the data is necessary to perform the contract to be entered into or already entered into with you and to maintain the business relationship.
- Where the data is necessary for its own legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where it needs to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, CEMEX VENTURES does not rely on consent as the lawful basis for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you by email or text message (SMS). You have the right to withdraw your consent to those marketing communications at any time by contacting CEMEX VENTURES or by means of the procedure detailed in the actual email sending the communication to you.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH THE PERSONAL DATA WILL BE USED
CEMEX VENTURES collects personal data provided by data subjects to be processed exclusively as required according to purpose. Thus, in the field of relationships with users, clients and suppliers, data may be processed for the following purposes:
– Managing and maintaining business relationships with clients, including administrative management, commercial offers, delivery of products and provision of services, commercial risk assessment, billing, receipts, communications, marketing, satisfaction assessment and loyalty programmes.
– Managing and maintaining business relationships with suppliers, including selection processes and contract award, administrative management, invoicing and self-billing, payments, communications and satisfaction assessment.
– Organising competitions or calls or invitations to enter processes for selecting and launching new ideas (startups).
Information on and relationships with outstanding people in the field of emerging technologies and their application, including media professionals.
The lawful basis for the data collected to be used is CEMEX VENTURES’ legitimate interest to develop and manage its business, the fact that such data is necessary in order to enter into and perform contracts with clients and suppliers, to comply with legal obligations, mainly in relation to tax, social security and the prevention of risks at work, to respond to court, police or administrative requests, and the consent given by data subjects where necessary for non-essential data to be processed for the intended purposes.
Please bear in mind that the personal data you are asked to provide is necessary to be able to maintain the business relationship and comply with the relevant legal obligations, and that the data must be accurate and current. It is therefore necessary for you to provide such data, for those purposes. If you fail to do so, or if the data is not accurate or current, it might not be possible to achieve the purposes described.
Personal data may be processed using more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which such data is being used. You can contact CEMEX VENTURES if you need details about the specific legal ground relied on to process personal data.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONAL OFFERS
CEMEX VENTURES offers options regarding certain personal data uses, particularly in regard to marketing and advertising, and may use your identity, contact, technical, usage and commercial information to offer you products or services you may need or which may be of interest to you.
In your communications with CEMEX VENTURES you may have given or refused your consent to receive marketing communications, marketing information or information on goods or services, or entering competitions or promotions.
We would remind you that you may change your decision at any time, either through the actual Website or writing to the contact address.
CEMEX VENTURES will not share your personal data for marketing purposes with companies that are not CEMEX group companies. In any case, your express consent will be required before your personal data are shared for marketing purposes with any company that is not a CEMEX group company.
DECISION AS TO SENDING OF MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS AND ADVERTISING
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time, by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent, or by contacting CEMEX VENTURES at any time.
Go to the section Terms and Conditions on this website for detailed information about cookies used.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
CEMEX VENTURES will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, unless it may be used for another purpose that is compatible with the original purpose.
If your personal information is to be used for unrelated purposes, you will be previously notified and will be informed about the lawful basis to do so.
- DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be shared with other persons or entities for the purposes described.
- Other CEMEX Group companies for administrative, internal management and storage purposes and processing, and also other data processors, based on the need for technical and technological data processing efficiency in managing the business, and also for data storage and processing.
These data processors may be based both within the territory of the European Union and outside the same, but these international transfers shall always be made ensuring compliance with applicable European Union and Spanish laws, and under appropriate security conditions for the data to be protected.
CEMEX VENTURES requires that all third parties observe personal data security and process data in accordance with the law. External service providers are not allowed to use personal data for their own purposes and they are only allowed to process personal data for specific purposes and in accordance with its instructions.
- Public authorities, courts and other institutions requiring information in accordance with the law.
- Persons or entities to or from or with which parts of the business or assets may be acquired or sold, transferred or merged, or corporate merger agreements are negotiated. In those cases, if there is a change in the business, the new owners may use your personal data in the same way established in this privacy notice.
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
The personal information may be shared within CEMEX Group. This will involve transferring the data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Many of CEMEX VENTURES’ external third parties are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and the processing of personal data may therefore involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever personal data is transferred outside the EEA, CEMEX VENTURES ensures a degree of protection is afforded similar to the protection existing under European and Spanish laws, ensuring at least one of the following safeguards are implemented:
- Personal data is only transferred to countries which the European Commission considers afford an appropriate level of protection for personal data, or
- Where certain service providers are used, contracts with clauses expressly approved by the European Commission may be used considering that they give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- If they are suppliers based in the US, and part of the Privacy Shield, which requires that they afford similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US
- DATA SECURITY
CEMEX VENTURES has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, or altered or disclosed. In addition, access to personal data is limited to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know the data. They will only process your personal data on the instructions of CEMEX VENTURES and will be subject to a confidentiality duty.
CEMEX VENTURES has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and any such breach will be notified to you and the Spanish Data Protection Agency, in accordance with the law, as the case may be.
- DATA RETENTION
HOW LONG WILL PERSONAL DATA BE USED FOR?
CEMEX will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and to comply with legal, accounting or mandatory reporting requirements.
in order to determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, regard is had to the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of the personal data, the purposes for which the data is processed and whether those purposes can be achieved through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
- LEGAL RIGHTS
In accordance with the European laws for the time being in force, data subjects have the following rights:
- Right to request access to their personal data to know what type of data is being processed and the purposes for which processing is required
- Right to request rectification or erasure of the data where it is inaccurate or incomplete or it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Right to request restriction of processing or object to processing in the events provided for by law.
(a) if the request is made in order to check that the data is accurate;
(b) where use of the data is unlawful, but the data subject does not wish to have it erased, but requests restriction of use;
(c) where a request is made for the data to be held because it is needed to exercise or defend legal claims, even if it is no longer necessary to process the same; or
(d) if you have objected to use of the data but the data is needed to verify whether there are legitimate grounds to use it.
- Right to data portability, including the right to request a copy of the data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right not to be subject to decisions based solely on automated processing of their data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, you may write to CEMEX VENTURES ESPAÑA, S.L.U., Calle Hernández de Tejada, 1, 28027 Madrid, specifying “Data Protection”, or you contact the following email address: email@example.com.
You may be asked to provide additional information to confirm your identity and guarantee your right to access your personal data or to exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure to guarantee that personal data is not disclosed to anyone who has no right to receive it.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
CEMEX VENTURES will endeavour to respond to all legitimate requests within the shortest possible space of time, estimated at one month, and in any case without undue delays.