Construction is undeniably one of the most important industries in the world, and keeping up with emerging technologies is essential in order to remain competitive. While BIM (Building Information Modelling) technology has tremendous potential to transform the AEC industry, it has so far failed to deliver on its promise of improving productivity and reducing the risks associated with building projects. Designers and engineers still use virtual BIM objects which don’t connect to the supply chain. Unsurprisingly, having no skin in the game during the design phase leads to delays during the construction phase.
Kreo Modular believes in treating every building as a product rather than a project. This means that each building concept should be created with a pre-designed kit of parts: a set of volumetric modules or a set of the component parts. And, through computational modelling and generative design, Kreo Modular optimises concept designs at a fraction of the cost.
What are the benefits of this approach?
- A more precise approach for design and construction using pre-designed kit of parts.
- Optimised concept designs at a fraction of the cost through computational modelling.
- Accurate early planning and standardisation.
- Fewer delays in the design phase.
- Improved collaboration and productivity.
The SaaS cloud-based solution is open to various industry professionals including contractors, developers, manufacturers and material suppliers.