- Construction Startup Competition is the biggest challenge for entrepreneurs in the industry and already amasses more than 2,000 solutions since its launch.
- Document Crunch, an AI powered software to identify and explain critical issues in construction contracts, received the gold medal of the 2021 edition.
CEMEX Ventures, together with Dysruptek, Ferrovial, GS Futures, Hilti, VINCI Group’s Leonard and NOVA by Saint-Gobain, celebrated today the Pitchday event for the ten winners of the Construction Startup Competition 2021. The startups had the opportunity to present their projects to a jury composed of the top representatives of each organizing company, as well as an audience of experts in construction, investment, and innovation.
The Pitchday took place in Miami within the framework of the BuiltWorlds 2021 Venture East Conference event, where Document Cruch, an AI-powered software to identify and explain critical issues in construction contracts, was chosen as the gold medalist of the 2021 edition.
Document Crunch, a US based startup, shared the stage with nine more startups that will also have the possibility to benefit from most of the offer from the competition, like investment, pilot projects at a global scale, and join the biggest ecosystem in the construction industry led by the seven host companies that make up Construction Startup Competition 2021. The ten winners offer the most promising solutions within these five categories: carbon footprint mitigation, supply chain optimization, efficiency in the jobsite, advanced building materials and new construction methods.
- AI Clearing (United States)- Saas platform that integrates seamlessly several data sources into BI systems to provide digital insights.
- hyperTunnel (United Kingdom)- Patented new method to build and renew tunnels and underground infrastructures.
- Nodes & Links (United Kingdom)- AI-based platform to create smart machines to automate project management.
- ObraLink (Chile)- Data collection system to automate critical construction site activities such as concrete poured and formwork.
- Presien (Australia)- AI vision systems to free heavy industries from the risks that threaten the safety of their people and business.
- ProcurePro (Australia)- Digital subcontractor procurement platform to close the digital gap between bids & commitments.
- RatedPower (Spain)- Cloud-based software to carry out the design and engineering of utility-scale solar photovoltaic plants.
- Schüttflix (Germany)- Platform to order, transport, deliver and dispose bulk material 100% digitally.
- WASTEBOX (Austria)- Digital waste management platform to automatically connect customers with the right disposal partner for their project.
CEMEX’s corporate venture capital reaffirms its position in the Contech ecosystem with initiatives like this challenge, a key event for the industry, which has seen more than 2,000 participants since its first edition. In the last two years, Construction Startup Competition gained even more traction by including leading companies in the industry as fellow organizers who share the same vision and desire for innovation in the sector. This collaboration and joint effort increase the possibility of future engagements and contact with potential customers for all the participants.
Through the years, the quality and solutions that have emerged for construction has increased significantly, and investment figures in Contech continue to rise, reaching a record-breaking figure in 2021 of over $2 billion USD invested until October, doubling the investment level when compared to previous years.
With these hopeful figures and a successful competition this year, CEMEX Ventures’ team is already preparing its 2022 edition with the intention of drawing an even more promising scenario for the Contech ecosystem as well as for the all the startups that will participate in the next call.
For more details and information about the sixth edition of the Construction Startup Competition on www.cemexventures.com