Construction Startup Competition 2019, our annual challenge to find startups and entrepreneurs in the construction industry, has closed its submission phase.
We appreciate the participation of all entrepreneurs who, beyond wanting to foster the construction revolution, have trusted in our offer to grow together.
In our third edition we have received applications from 71 countries, the countries with the most active participation were United States, Mexico, Colombia, Spain, United Kingdom Indonesia, Egypt, Argentina and Brazil. In addition, it is necessary to highlight that in 2019 the number of startups doubled compared to 2018 edition.
Numerous participating startups have a close relationship with our focus areas, the most common being:
- Project design & engineering: Provide the industry with adequate techniques and tools to maximize the efficiency and quality of a construction project.
- Supply chain management: Foster the revolution of the construction industry by optimizing the sources of resources, fleet tracking and inventory management.
- Project & jobsite management: Promote jobsite plans in continuous updating and communication with what happens in the work and improve the working capital cycle.
It is necessary to point out that the use of innovative and fresh technologies was present in the applications, among which the striking ones were:
- Data management and analysis
- Internet of things and sensors
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
What are the next steps of Construction Startup Competition 2019?
We are currently evaluating all participant startups based on the established requirements, we want to explore the scope and relationship they have with our focus areas. Next June 6th we will announce the winners who will have the opportunity to enjoy:
- Pitchday 2019. The winners of the competition will be invited to pitch their projects in Mexico. We will take care of travel and lodging expenses. You just have to get ready to surprise the audience with your solution!
- Deep analysis with the CEMEX Ventures team. During your stay in Mexico you will have a 1:1 meeting with the CEMEX Ventures team to explore your solution, needs and explore the best way to achieve the success of your startup.
- Networking. The winners will have more visibility and will be in contact with investors, international companies, experts and curious in construction, technology, and investment among other disciplines.
- CEMEX Ventures’ portfolio. All the winners will be one step closer to being part of our investment portfolio.
We invite you to stay tuned to our social media platforms on June 6th, as we will announce the winners that will be invited to pitch their project at Pitchday 2019 to be held on Monterrey (Mexico) on July 18th.
If you want to be the first one to know, subscribe to our newsletter.
APPLY. GROW. MAKE YOUR MARK