As the famous saying goes: “This is one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind” –Neil Armstrong.
There comes a time in every startup’s journey when a jump, risk, chance, or #Leap must be made because of the potential benefits it can bring to not just the few, but the many. Every great innovation of our time started from somewhere, and it usually began with a promising new business model and hardworking team to ensure its success – just like yours! But nobody said that you had to take this leap alone…
CEMEX Ventures Leaplab
That’s why we launched CEMEX Ventures Leaplab, our intensive acceleration program for innovative startups that address the most critical challenges of the construction industry. In its first edition, Leaplab will collaborate with a cohort of 5 thoughtfully selected startups with solutions applicable to the construction industry. Working with CEMEX’s business units in six geographies, the startups will work to scale and validate their solutions during an intensive 14-week period with the support of close to 100 experts providing mentorship and real-world experience.
You’re probably no stranger to the biggest weaknesses within the construction industry, which is why Leaplab is focusing on startups who address these challenges according to CEMEX Ventures’ focus areas: Green Construction, Enhanced Productivity, Construction Supply Chain, and the Future of Construction, and CEMEX’s strategic priorities.
By connecting the most promising early-stage startups to the pain points and challenges within CEMEX and the construction industry, Leaplab furthers CEMEX Ventures’ mission to drive the construction industry revolution. Our intensive acceleration program brings the best of CEMEX’s corporate know-how, reputation, and maturity together with the entrepreneurial spirit and expertise of CEMEX Ventures.
“We saw an opportunity to go straight to the source and work with early-stage Contech startups that not only address strategic challenges within our organization but that also propel the industry in the direction it needs to go. CEMEX Ventures Leaplab will connect high-potential startups with experts in CEMEX operations across the world to validate and scale their value propositions and find synergies that the entrepreneurial Contech ecosystem can benefit from. We are excited to work with innovative and promising startups with a shared purpose to transform the industry” said Karla Arrambide, Leaplab Accelerator Manager at CEMEX Ventures.
Leaplab 2022 Edition cohort
Without further ado, we’re proud to formally announce the extraordinary startups that make up the Leaplab Cohort 2022 Edition.
- AEInnova desarrolla soluciones de recolección de energía para ayudar a la industria a ser más eficiente y respetuosa con el medio ambiente, centrándose en la Industria 4.0 con soluciones IoT autoalimentadas sin batería activos y monitorización de procesos.
- Ception está desarrollando sistemas basados en la IA para equipos pesados móviles de construcción y minería, con el fin de mejorar la seguridad, la productividad y la sostenibilidad.
- Cloud Cycle ha desarrollado un software de gestión del hormigón en tiempo real basado en la nube, diseñado para ayudar a que los materiales de construcción se entreguen dentro de las especificaciones de forma fiable.
- La solución de Qsee es un software de análisis prescriptivo con tecnología de aprendizaje automático para mejorar la eficiencia, la productividad y la calidad de la industria.
- Ruedata ofrece un software de gestión de neumáticos que recopila y procesa datos relevantes para optimizar el mantenimiento de la flota y reducir costes, mejorar la seguridad y mitigar las emisiones de CO2.
In addition to scaling their solutions, the international cohort will work to validate their value propositions, and assuming their graduation from the program, will present their results to CEMEX’s Executive Board. We look forward to keeping you informed about the progress of each acceleration program member as they make their #Leap! Stay tuned for more information.
Why is CEMEX Ventures Leaplab right for you?
Remember that piloting, testing, and scaling your startup can be costly and time consuming, and these barriers are even higher in a traditionally capital-intensive industry like construction. CEMEX Ventures Leaplab avoids these drawbacks to innovation and connects early-stage startups with the extensive resources of CEMEX, one of the world’s largest building materials companies.
Here’s why Leaplab is right for you:
- IT’S TIME TO PILOT AND LEAP! – You have the solution. The big idea. But now it’s time to validate it through real scale testing in CEMEX facilities across the globe and via our extensive network in the construction industry. Did you know that CEMEX maintains business relationships in more than 50 countries throughout the world and has over 46,000 employees?
- QUALIFIED EXPERT SUPPORT – We have an unmatched panel of pilot leaders, master speakers, and mentors specialized in construction, disruptive business models, and technology to give you the support you need to succeed.
- YOUR VALUE PROPOSITION ENHANCED – Let Leaplab be a powerful milestone to propel your startup’s journey. As a graduate of the acceleration program, there is the opportunity for further engagement with CEMEX after the program as a supplier or partner.
- CEMEX AND CEMEX VENTURES BACK YOU – Neil Armstrong didn’t go to the moon alone. He had a team to back him. By the same token, CEMEX Ventures Leaplab aspires to bridge your startup to CEMEX’s global infrastructure, resources, and network. With support from CEMEX Ventures, we help you achieve your growth strategy.
The benefits are clear, so what are you waiting for? Are you ready to take the #Leap? If you’re interested in participating in the next Leaplab Cohort 2023 and want to get to know the CEMEX Ventures Leaplab team, contact us!